the kate shugak series (abridged)

Since Whisper to the Blood is the sixteenth (16th) (xvi-th) Kate Shugak novel, and since there have to be people out there who can’t remember what happened when, or (gasp!) never heard of the series in the first place (heresy!), here’s a little video shorthand to bring you up to speed:

Leave a comment (below the video screen on the YouTube page) if you feel so inclined, and please do forward the link to the video to everyone in your contacts list you think might be interested. Thanks!

—–

update on November 16: Laurie King asked me how the video happened, and she posted my answer and the video on her blog here. If Laurie likes it, it must be good.

—–

Becci Longupdate on November 18: This month’s ARC was won by Becci Long of Kodiak, Alaska! I’m tickled to death, she’s married to one of the guys I sailed with on patrol on Alex Haley. (Yes, before you ask, the winner is a completely random selection. Although if the next winner’s home also begins with A, even I’ll start wondering.)

Posted in Chatter. Bookmark this.

15 Comments on the kate shugak series (abridged)

1. Cass says:

Great Video

2. Cass says:

Where is Chapter #2???

Chapter 2 goes up on Monday, November 17th.

4. IUHoosier says:

Fab vid!

5. Karen Buys says:

“Chapter 2 goes up on Monday, November 17th.” Yippee! but then I have to wait for 3, and 4, and 5 and, and . . .

Love the video! That was highly entertaining – now get back to work so we can read sooner!

6. Chris says:

Wonderful!! Clever and very funny!

Dana, thanks for passing my comments about Marguerite Gavin on — I wish I could believe the publishers would listen…

7. Susan D says:

Brilliant video. I’m sold.

I’m a Liam Campbell fan but haven’t, somehow, got around to the Kate Shugak series. Will rush right out and start reading #1.

But…

Jack dies???? I haven’t even started reading the series yet and you tell me this??

All right, all right. I already knew your name was all over the mystery world as “the one who killed off a main character.” At least Elizabeth George has now taken some of the heat.

And frankly, I think that ups the ante, since it means that no one is safe. We can really bite our nails when reading any mystery.

Sorry, I’m sure this has all been discussed many times before. I’ll go get A Cold Day for Murder right now. Really.

Thank you, Susan, for the absolutely perfect response!

9. Erma Lawton says:

Get Over it!?!!?

Hunter’s Moon is the only Stabenow book that has ever appeared in the library’s donated book shop. Kate
    fans keep all the others for frequent rereading.

Even Wy cried over Jack’s demise.
    Erma

Take a deep breath. Let it out slowly. Repeat.

11. Ed King says:

Now if olny Marcia Muller would kill someone off .

12. Kelly says:

The video is great, but I have some re-reading to do. I hope the wee little Haines library has the books.

13. Katie says:

As it happens, the three I haven’t been able to find are CDFM, BWT, and HM. Sigh. Good thing I’m not anal about spoilers.

14. I popped on over here from the delightful Mme. King’s place and, after watching the video (and applauding your stamina) am now about to head on over to my blog to do a post for tomorrow. :)

Oh, and I’m ordered me some books…I’m a newbie.

15. Pingback: Dana Stabenow » promoting your book online - 3