And how nice is THAT?!!

Sunday before last, April 7th, thanks to Kate Shugak being the Kindle Daily Deal, this is what the Amazon.UK e-bestseller lists looked like:

Kate was holding down #1, #4 and #5 on the paid list and #5 on the free list.

Thank you, Amazon.UK, and thank you, UK readers!

Posted in Chatter, Teaser Tuesday, The Kate Shugak Novels and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark this.

11 Comments on And how nice is THAT?!!

1. Emma Dahinten says:

I read Bad Blood in a day. Kate rocks. I’m just sorry I’ve caught up now and have to wait until the next one. Thank you Dana for a character that is as near to my heart as Sherlock Holmes. Kate kicks arse and is a very positive role model.

2. Erin says:

Oh, those UK covers are pretty!

I couldn’t agree more, Erin. I’m so lucky!

4. Brenda says:

Oh when is the next kate shugak book coming out? im about to start the 4th Liam book and need my kate or liam fix. pleeeeeease

5. Kathy says:

I had at one time caught up on Kate books. And life happened and they are now in a box in the back of a storage building. But I have recently caught up with technology and bought a kindle. I knew that the first books I wanted were the Kate books and I have started reading them again. It was like coming home to an old friend. Thank you for bring her to life.

Thank you for the lovely compliment, Kathy.

7. I just finished rereading all the Kate books and can’t wait (isn’t it overdue???) for the next book. I am now going to reread the Liam series, hope a new Kate book comes out soon. Miss her, Mutt, Jim and all the other Park Rats something terrible!

Kate21 comes in 2016, Mary. Hang in there!

9. J.L. says:

I love your books… but if you’ve killed off Mutt…that’s the end of your books for me. I know Kate lives because you say Kate21 is due out next year but that’s not good enough.
    I read for escapism and there’s enough loss in my life without your painfully adding to it in my beloved fictional world.
    “Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you” is baloney…words do hurt and yours have done so. I also think Kate has been hurt enough so give her a break please.
    As an artist you may think “well I’ve made you feel something so that’s good”, but making me feel depressed and angry isn’t a good thing when you take note of all the crap experienced daily in this presently screwed up world.
    You also have the ability to lift us up and help us experience joy through your words. The choice to do so is yours. To help or hurt.
    The ending of Bad Blood reminds me of the final season of XWP where the writers didn’t give a damn about the viewers and stomped on our emotions and shocked us with their cruelty to the characters we’d grown to care for…because they could.
    With your words you have the power of life and death…the triumph of good over evil or visa versa. The choice is yours…but I must say I am tired of evil winning.
    Your characters could live for ever and never age and we readers wouldn’t mind a bit because we love them and need them in our lives…in which we do age and do die.
    . Fiction is not reality and that’s the joy of it.

First of all, J.L., thank you for your passionate care of my characters. It is a tremendous compliment that you care this much about them. However (sigh) before you leave Kate’s world forever, you might like to read this: http://www.stabenow.com/2013/04/02/why-kate-2020-ends-the-way-it-does